Senior Consultant , Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi
Dr Sujit Chowdhary is Senior Consultant in Pediatric Urology & Surgery at Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi. Prior to joining Apollo Hospitals, he was an Associate Prof in Pediatric Urology at Prince of Wales university Hospital in Hong Kong . He is European Board certified in Pediatric Urology after obtaining basic training in Pediatric surgery and election as a Fellow of the Royal college of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 1995.
He has published 80 papers in international and national peer reviewed journals. He is an editorial reviewer for 4 international and 4 national journals including the lead journals of American Academy of Pediatrics and Indian Academy of Pediatrics. He is on the Editorial board of the Journal of Pediatric Urology, Journal of the Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons.
He is a Clinical tutor and is a member of the court of examiners of the Royal College of Surgeons of England and Edinburgh.
- Clinical Tutor Royal college of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2005-2010
- Assoc Prof (Ped Urology), Prince of Wales University Hospital, Hong Kong 2005
- Assist Prof, Post Graduate Institute, Chandigarh, India 1998-2003
- Specialist, St Stephens Hospital, Delhi 1997-1998
- Senior Registrar, University of Cape Town, SA 1996-1997
- Registrar (Ped Urology), Birmingham Children’s Hospital, UK 1995-1996
- Registrar, Post Graduate Institute, Chandigarh 1992-1994
- SHO, Post Graduate Institute Chandigarh 1989-1992
- SHO, AIIMS, New Delhi 1989-1989
- Fellowship in Pediatric Urology at Great Ormond Street Hospital, London 2002
- Ethicon Teachers award for outstanding service to Ped surgery in India 1999
- Guy Baines medal of British Association of Urological Surgeons 1996
- Royal College of Surgeons of England sponsored training in Ped surgery 1995
- Lt Col BD Prathapa Rao Gold Medal for standing first in Med,Pune Univ 1989
- Rangnaikamma Silver shield for standing first in Med, Surg, Obs & Gynae 1989
Chapters in textbooks of Pediatric Urology & Pediatric Surgery
- Minimally invasive approach to treatment of VUR. Kelalis & King .
- Minimally invasive approach to treatment of PUJ. Smith’s Endourology.
- Single stage laparoscopic management of complex ureterocoele and duplex kidneys Bax’s Laparoscopic Surgery in Children.
- Chapter in Atlas of Neonatology published by Jaypee Brothers 2010-08-12.
- Pediatric robotic and reconstructive urology: a comprehensive guide. Wiley-Blackwell publications.
- Surgical disorders of hepatobiliary system. Chapter in Textbook of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition. Jaypee publications. 2014.
Editorial Board & Reviewer
- Editor, J of Pediatric urology (Elsevier, Amsterdam)
- Reviewer, J of Ind Assoc of Ped Surgeons
- J of Ped Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Nutrition, Indian Pediatrics, Perinatology,
- J of Association of Surgeons of India, J of Post Grad Med, www.medscimonitor.com.
- Examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons of England, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Ireland.
- 80 indexed publications in peer reviewed indexed international (40) and national journals (40).
- Several guest lectures, meetings chaired in national meetings of IAP, NNF, IAPS, ASI, ISPEN.
Fellowship & Membership
- American College of Surgeons 2003
- American Academy of Pediatrics 2003
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics 2003
- European Society of Pediatric Urology 2002
- British Association of Pediatric Surgeons 2000
- Association of Surgeons of India 2001
- Royal college of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1995
- Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons 1994