Shockwave Therapy is the application of a high-energy acoustic pulse transmitted into the tissue of the affected area of the body. Each Shockwave treatment works to increase the metabolic activity around the site of pain or discomfort, stimulating the re-absorption of irritative calcium deposits in tendons and stimulate the body’s natural healing process, thus reducing pain
Shockwave Therapy has been scientifically proven to help relieve pain associated with many conditions that cause acute, chronic & palliative pain.
Our services includes specialized shockwave treatment of :
- Achilles tendonitis
- Patellar tendonitis
- Frozen Shoulder
- Trochanteric hip pain
- Quadriceps tendonitis
- Plantar fasciitis / heel pain
- Tennis elbow / golfers elbow
- Iliotibial band friction syndrome (ITBFS) and
- Other tendon problems
- Requires three treatments one week apart for optimal results.
- Carried out by passing over the injured area with the shockwave applicator.
- Guided by your feedback, the exact positioning of the shockwave applicator is determined for optimum results.
- The treatments last approximately five minutes and may be slightly uncomfortable, but are well tolerated by everyone.
- Most patients feel significant improvement of symptoms after the first treatment itself.
Benefits of shockwave therapy treatment:
- Clinical studies report success rate above 75%
- Much cheaper than surgery
- Just 3 sessions of 5 minute treatments
- Shock wave therapy brings new technology
- No anesthesia required, no drugs, no injections
A new way to treat a number of sports injuries and long term tendon problems.