Per authority regulations approved from 2017.
All expatriates’ applicants for job in Bahrain are required to do a medical check-up at the country of origin from approved GAMCA medical centre and in Bahrain they will undergo another medical examination before getting their residents permit. This medical examination will include the following:
- Detailed comprehensive history, general and occupational.
- Vital signs blood pressure, Visual activity, height and weight.
- General medical examination.
- Chest x-ray for all expats.
- Serology Blood investigation including HCV, HIV, HbsAg and VDRL for all expats.
- Certain test like color vision, audiometry and spirometry can be added for certain special group category (special risk group). Example: like pilots and ship captain needs color vision and audiometry. Audiometry is needed for those who will work in noise.
- Biochemistry for liver and renal function.
- Complete blood count.
- Stool R/M and culture to role out salmonella and shigella.
- Other tests like Hb and sugar and etc…can be ordered based on history and physical examination
Including Infectious and non-infectiousdiseases testing